1) Have obtained all the necessary visas
2) Have booked and obtained flight Tickets
3) Have obtained necessary Insurance for the required period.
4) Have your Visiting cards ready
5) Have your Laptop with all your files ready
6) Packing your Clothes and Toiletries
(Clothes have to be taken in accordance with the type of climate in the country).
7) Appropriate Formal Shoes
8) Appointment Diary and Scheduler
9) List of Addresses and Phone numbers of all the Existing and Prospective Customers
10) Stationary: – Pens, Pencils, Stapler etc.
11) Currency used in that country and the exchange rate
12) The amount of currency we need to take with us should be estimated and the currency like US Dollars should be arranged beforehand.
13) Travelers Cheques should be obtained beforehand.
Travelers Cheques are much safer than carrying cash because they can only be exchanged for cash through our counter signatures in presence of the person giving the cash.
(When we receive the travelers cheques, then we sign in a designated space immediately upon receipt and when we are abroad and we have to exchange them for cash, then we have to counter sign them in presence of the person encashing it. This makes them very safe for carrying around).
14) Hotel Bookings
Hotel bookings should be done and reconfirmed in advance and the confirmation number should be with you. If you are going there for the first time, then it is advisable to request the hotel for airport pick up to avoid any tension.
You must also have the hotel name, address, telephone number and the name of the person who did the booking all written down on a separate sheet of paper. This would be very helpful in case you come out of the airport and do not find the person from the hotel who has come to pick you up.